MENU

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What are Exteriors for Living? I have been fascinated with this idea for many years...since the day I graduated, new papers in hand!

I have spent countless hours defining what a "true" exterior for living means to me. And better yet, many more hours finding a way to communicate this to friends, family members and most importantly of all, to my clients.

The answer may be different to everyone, but naturally, there must be some continuity of opinion? Of course, Design is also subjective (they say), yet I believe, a "true" exterior for living can hover in the sphere of objectivity...if only momentarily.

At the very least, I will begin communicating what I believe is a "true" exterior for living...one that offers a sense of place that is not easily defined or duplicated. A "true" exterior for living must be theatrical, yet it is organically pre-determined by it's surroundings. It must also offer a practical framework and
extension of the home, by connecting its homeowner's needs and preferences with the architectural context of the home.

And yet, a "true" exterior for living offers much, much more.

Cheers,
JH